Actually, i ended up making about 30m of this edging. SOOOO painful. I tried hand painting with fabric paint, but it bled like crazy on the satin material. So i forked out for a screen printing set. And it works great. Except you have to heat set the paint to make sure you can wash it. I read on the net that you could shove it in the oven (which seemed preferable to ironing 24m), so i tested the worst bit, and it seemed to work. Then i put another bit in and because the oven was still hot it partly melted together! Which meant i had to redo about 3m of the edging. Grrrrrr. Its not all perfect (sometimes the stencil slipped, or it wasn't perfectly straight, or i dropped a dollop of paint!) but in general i'm pretty happy with it, and the rest i can hopefully hide as the underside that no one will look at (but i will know its there!). Just sewing to go now and its done!